Work with us
Part-Time WordPress Web Developer + Tech Support (REMOTE)
GetBooking is a new startup based in Charlottetown that offers a complete online appointment booking solution through a self-hosted WordPress plugin. We recently won the Ignition Fund for 2019.
We are looking for someone knowledgeable and experienced in basic web development, particularly with WordPress, to assist with the development and maintenance of the plugin, and be the lead tech support for any issues that may come up. You will also need to occasionally help with the QA and testing of the plugin, particularly with new features/releases.
Position is part-time (20 hours a week) for a 4-6 months contract, with the potential to evolve into full time for the right candidate. This job will be done remotely.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the GetBooking plugin software
- Building occasional landing and sales pages and setting up demo’s of the plugin for marketing purposes
- Tech support // answering emails / investigating bugs
- QA (Quality Assurance) for maintenance and new product releases; try to break the software so that we may build a better software (on repeat).
- 1 year of relevant work experience
- Frontend (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Backend (PHP, mySQL)
- Excellent communication skills, excellent listening skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined
- Time and project management skills
- You’re always looking to improve inefficient processes
- Working in a casual and driven environment
- Experience with wordless plugin / theme development and WordPress hooks
- Knowledge of git control tools such as GitHub
- Basic server admin understanding (working with cPanel mostly)
- An eye for quality design and UI/UX
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience / length of contract
- 1 free book from indigo mailed directly to you every month
- A reloadable Starbucks or Receiver giftcard to keep you fueled every month
- Remote work
Start Date: When are you free?
Hours: Flexible but weekend and night work may be required from time to time (paid as overtime)
- Daily huddle (15 min) with entire team each morning (remotely via video) and 1 weekly in-person (if local) meeting